Our New Albany Chiropractic & Wellness Team Answers Your Questions About Back Pain
If you have back pain, it's wise to seek help instead of just hoping to see it if it will go away on its own. At 1st Choice Health and Wellness, our New Albany chiropractor team has the resources and services available to help you find relief and get to the root of your issues so that your healing is as complete and long-lasting as possible.
- How common is back pain? Very. Estimates show that at least 80% of the population will experience at least one low back pain episode in their lives.
- What's causing my back pain? There may not be a clear cause as to what's causing your back pain, although the common underlying diagnoses we identify at our New Albany chiropractic clinic often include: arthritis, joint subluxation (misalignment), nerve impingement (e.g., radiculopathy or sciatica), muscle strain, ligament sprain, degenerative disc disease, or disc herniation or bulge.
- What other symptoms may occur with back pain? In addition to pain (often described as achy, dull, throbbing, or sore), people who see us for back pain issues may also complain of related symptoms including stiffness, muscle tenderness (knots or spasms), decreased mobility in the hips and legs, numbness, weakness, and/or tingling in the legs, and decreased tolerance to activity. Duration, type, and intensity really depend on a case-by-case basis.
- Am I at risk? As mentioned, the majority of us can expect to have back pain at least once in a lifetime. You may be more at risk for it if you smoke, are primarily sedentary, have a physically demanding job, or are overweight or obese. Unfortunately, a prior episode of back pain is in itself a risk factor for recurrence, as well—which is why seeking professional care is so important.
- What can a chiropractor do to relieve my back pain? A doctor of chiropractic is an excellent clinician to consult in the event of back pain. Our New Albany chiropractor team offers a variety of drug-free services that relieve pain and other symptoms by getting to the root of the issue.
- Spinal adjustments help relieve pressure on nerves and discs and realign spinal bones and joints
- Acupuncture triggers an influx of natural pain-killers like dopamine and can elicit a variety of other healing physiological responses in the body
- Physical therapy is helpful for prescribing therapeutic exercise that can promote tissue healing, strengthening, and flexibility; we can also assess and correct your posture and body mechanics.
Make an Appointment Today
Is your back sore? Contact Choice Health & Wellness today to schedule an initial consultation with a New Albany chiropractor. Our number is (812) 945-4500. Ask us about our services, all completely drug-free and non-invasive. We look forward to serving you!