Frequently Asked Neck Pain Questions at Our New Albany Clinic
1st Choice Health & Wellness is happy to help patients understand and overcome neck pain. Here are answers to frequently asked neck pain questions here at New Albany clinic.
- Do I have whiplash? If you experience neck pain following an auto accident or other intense physical impacts, you could have whiplash. The extreme back-and-forth motion of the head in such instances causes neck pain, stiffness, and other painful symptoms such as headaches, shoulder pain, and TMJ pain.
- Why has my neck gotten more painful with age? Age-related degeneration of the cervical spine often leads to slowly-progressing neck pain. Arthritis of the cervical spinal joints may be caused by age-related loss of disc height. Spinal stenosis and spondylolisthesis are other age-related disorders that can cause neck pain.
- How do longstanding alignment problems contribute to neck pain? If your head is off-balance on your neck, the misalignment can place unnatural stress on your neck muscles. Over time, this can lead to chronic neck pain.
- Is it possible that my work is hurting my neck? Workplace ergonomics can certainly cause or aggravate neck pain. If your work environment forces you to crane your neck upward, droop your head, or keep your head turned on a constant basis, you may experience overuse or repetitive-motion injuries.
- What is text neck? Text neck is a specific type of neck strain caused by adopting a "head-droop" position all the time. It is so named because it tends to afflict people who are always staring down at their smartphones.
- How can chiropractic care help me overcome neck pain? Chiropractic care can correct the underlying biomechanical problems behind many cases of neck pain. Our chiropractic team can undo the work of acute injuries or chronic misalignment to restore comfort and functionality to your neck.
- What other techniques do you recommend for fighting or preventing neck pain? In addition to chiropractic care, we may recommend a number of other helpful therapies as part of a complete neck care treatment program. For example, we may prescribe massage therapy to soothe chronic neck muscle tension, acupuncture to assist in pain relief, and/or physical therapy to rehabilitate damaged neck tissues and improve your neck's range of motion. We can even recommend lifestyle changes to help you avoid neck problems going forward.
Want More Neck Pain Answers?
If you'd like to get more answers to your neck pain questions -- as well as solutions to the neck pain itself -- then it's time to talk to 1st Choice Health & Wellness.
Call (812) 945-4500 to schedule a consultation with our skilled team of chiropractors!