Frequently Asked Questions about Auto Accident Injury Care at 1st Choice Health & Wellness
When you're injured in an auto accident, you don't just have pain -- you also have questions. Here are some helpful answers from your friends at 1st Choice Health & Wellness.
- How fast do I have to be moving to sustain an injury? Strangely enough, an automotive impact can cause injuries even when the vehicles involved are moving at a mere 5 miles per hour.
- If I feel all right after the accident, does that mean I escaped injury? Never assume that all is well without getting a musculoskeletal examination. The adrenalin rush that follows an accident can actually mask your injuries for days or even weeks afterward.
- Why is it so critical that seek treatment for my injuries as soon as possible? Your body will try to heal your injuries even if misalignment and other problems make normal healing impossible. This can result in abnormal scar tissue formation that makes your pain and stiffness even worse.
- What happens in a case of whiplash? In whiplash, an impact or sudden stop fling your head backward and forward violently. This dislocates vertebral joints, herniates discs, pinched nerves, and tears neck muscles.
- How did I strain my mid-back? Your seat harness probably restrains only one shoulder, leaving the other free to fly forward in an impact. The body then twists beyond its normal range of motion, damaging the soft tissues and vertebral joints of the mid-back or thoracic spine.
- Why am I experiencing leg symptoms? An auto impact that throws your lumbar spine out of alignment may cause compression of the sciatic nerve. Since this nerve provides all signaling to the leg, you end up with leg pain and other odd sensations.
- How does chiropractic care address auto accident injuries? Skilled chiropractic adjustments can reposition musculoskeletal structures that have been forced out of alignment in an auto accident. Normalizing these positions relieves nerve compression and lets the joints function properly again.
- What non-chiropractic therapies enhance my healing and pain relief? We frequently pair chiropractic adjustment with other supportive techniques. You may benefit from acupuncture for natural pain relief, nutritional advice such as anti-inflammatory food choices, and physical therapy to help you regain your former flexibility and strength.
We're the Answer to Your Auto Accident Injury Issues
Auto accident injuries can create confusion and frustration as well as pain and disability. Turn to 1st Choice Health & Wellness for the answers to your particular auto accident injury issues.
Call (812) 945-4500 today to schedule an evaluation so we can get you started on your own personal healing regimen!